[ale] Fwd: Jim - cannot post this message to ALE, please post for me

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:55:15 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ron Frazier (ALE) <atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com>
Date: Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Subject: Jim - cannot post this message to ALE, please post for me
To: Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>
Cc: Ron Frazier <rwfrazier at techstarship.com>

Jim,

I've tried several times to post this message to ALE, and it won't post.
 I've posted other messages today, so I don't know what's up.  Can you
please post it (below) for me?  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Ron

-------------------------

subject: ot computer precautions needed while traveling to canada

Hi all,

My wife and I are considering a road trip up to Toronto ON through Niagra
Falls.  Having heard / read a number of horror stories about agents
confiscating / searching computers (which I do have) and smart phones
(which I don't have), I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to take a
laptop.  Everything on my PC is legal, but I do have links, emails,
contacts for alternative energy, alternative health, political topics, and
ripped music, which I own the CD's for, and heretical things like
https://www.eff.org/.  These things might raise flags.  I'm considering
just taking an old hard drive and wiping it and installing nothing but
Ubuntu.  They can't read what isn't there.  Then, I don't have to worry
about encryption, plausible deniability, etc.

Once I get there, I might need to know how to use my Hotspot VPN account
with Linux.  Thus far, I've only ever used it with Windows.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Ron

--

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com

James P. Kinney III