[ale] Hadoop

Robert L Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:54:00 EDT 2012

  I've had the name hadoop thrown at me a few times recently.  I'm trying
to figure out why I would run it as a System Engineer with basic html
skills.  Can anyone shed some light on a "common" use and what it would
provide above and beyond just apache and a load balancer (I did say I'm
just starting to read).  I'd love to see any good starter info/sites as
well.  I looked at the Hadoop project page which is light on "why you would
use this" and I'm still reading the wikipedia page.

  Looks like drupal is next.

Thanks all,
  Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar