[ale] (conjecture) Iran moves to dump Microsoft FAST!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:18:14 EDT 2012

http://it.slashdot.org/story/12/06/05/1638228/flame-malware-hijacks-windows-update

OK. I can't stop laughing about this "breach of security".

So the flame worm (and it's related kin) are written to probe Iranian nuke
facilities as precursor to stuxnet. The "compromised" signing cert from
Microsoft is being deleted even as we speak to cover tracks and obfuscate
the depth of corporate involvement in the spy game. By hijacking the update
process, the targeted group always gets the desired code-base.

If not for an Iranian breach of security (tech plugged in personal laptop
into stuxnet infected network inside the facility), the stuxnet and flame
and the "trojaned" cert would still be in use.

It's brilliant but also terrifying given the level of same hardware in use
for all manner of infrastructure control worldwide.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
*