[ale] OT help ENDING unsolicited phone calls

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 21:09:26 EDT 2012

I just turn off the ringer on my home phone. I never give out the number
anymore so any incoming call there is unsolicited.
If I want to respond to a message, I do.
Almost no messages are left.
I run my cell the same way. If I do not recognize the caller's number, I
let it go to voicemail.  On the odd occurrence that I answer a call from an
unknown caller, I put the number into my addressbook as "random vendor."
Then the call centers are dealt with in bulk.
It is not very geeky, but it holds call volume down.

Wolf

http://evergreen-community-01.lyrasistechnology.org
http://sourcefreedom.com
Apache developer: