[ale] Seeking opinions on Terminal Server setup

Vernard Martin vernard at venger.net
Mon Sep 26 15:51:15 EDT 2011

On 9/23/2011 10:55 AM, Byron Jeff wrote:
> I've finally decided to make the move to a LTSP/Thinstation style thin
> client setup and looking for some previous setup experiences. I have a need
> for 2 or 3 workstations at the house and I've just gotten tired of managing
> multiple machines. My hope is to collapse everything into a single server
> and use these Wyse 941 GXL thin clients:
I actually have a similar situation. I have a lab that hosts graduate
student without assigned desks. Each student might need a windows OR a
Linux environment to work so they need to be able to logon to either. I
want a Thin client setuip that lets them choose what they want to do and
then connects them to a centralized resource. When they log out, it
resets for the next person. This gets rid of Dual Boot machines and
running virtual machines on every local machine.

I figure someone must have done this before.