[ale] Seeking opinions on Terminal Server setup

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:10:19 EDT 2011

The via cpu is poorly supported by most modern ltsp distros. K12ltsp is
centos based and edubuntu is obvious.
The via will work but is very weak for multimedia thus a full thin client is
required.
Servers take horsepower but not as much as you'd think. 100 clients ran ok
from a single server with twin dual core opterons with 8 GB RAM. Disk was
raid5 scsi3 and network was x4 bonded Gbit. That was big $$ in 2006 but now
it's less than $1k for generic. A decent desktop can power your stack easy
:-)