[ale] PostgreSQL DBA Guides

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Sep 19 11:28:58 EDT 2011

As much as I hate to admit it, I've never done anything with
PostgreSQL.  Can anyone recommend a good resource for getting started?
 I'm rather thinking of some sort of rosetta stone from MySQL.  I'm
thinking of something like
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_for_Oracle_DBAs, but with a
MySQL background instead of Oracle.  I'm not so much concerned about
the SQL syntax (I'm pretty decent with ANSI SQL) as I am with the DBA
side of things, which is where they really diverge.

I've looked at a few "PostgreSQL howtos" but they don't seem to get
into a lot of depth.  On the other hand, the pure PostgreSQL
documentation is rather dry reading.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com