[ale] [OT] updating, securing OpenOffice, Adobe Reader / Flash

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:42:29 EST 2011

Ron Frazier wrote:
<snipped>

> I know, I'm looking for a way to fire Reader on Windows, and I don't use
> it on Linux.  I don't like Ubuntu 10.04's built in PDF reader either.  I
> may end up going to Foxit on both Linux and Windows.

I predominately use Foxit on my Windows CAD workstation.  Occasionally
though I will get a pdf that refuses to render correctly in Foxit (such
as a cover sheets to a set of plans).  the pages render in a sludgy grey.

I've tried several different readers and only Acrobat Reader will
display these sheets correctly.

just a heads up.

additionally, have you looked at LibreOffice on both platforms yet?  I
was under the impression it was the shiny new toy.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/