[ale] LightScribe for Linux

Dow Hurst dphurst at uncg.edu
Wed Jun 29 14:06:40 EDT 2011

I use openoffice Draw for most all labeling of images since it is easy to
work with.  Here is a nice workflow:

Create your initial image you want labeled at 300dpi to 600dpi.
Crop if needed in GIMP and set "Image | Print Size" to the size/resolution
you want on the page in Draw.
Insert Picture from File in Draw.
Add labels, arrows, text boxes, whatever.
Print to a postscript file.
Open in GIMP at the resolution of the initial image to create the rasterized
image.
Crop margins as needed.

Best wishes,
Dow
Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
340 Sullivan Science Bldg., Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
PO Box 26170 Greensboro, NC 27402-6170