[ale] Cutting the satellite

Cy Kurtz ckurtz11 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 14:26:28 EDT 2011

I had 120 some channels of nothing to watch .. and was spending too much
time watching TV. What put me over the edge was the realization .. over
and over .. that I was paying for commercials. I pulled the plug in the
spring of 2010 and there was some withdrawl.

I put a diy antenna in the attic right away and picked up 9 local
stations. They are local affiliates CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX. That wasn't
enough, so I picked up a roku box .. love it.

Just a month or so ago, I went back in the attic and put that same
antenna on a rotor, so now I pick up the local affiliates, plus SCETV. I
was going into serious PBS withdrawl.

Do it. You'll save money and time, and a lot of that stuff you think
you're going to miss you can find on the internet, whether you surf to
it or go roku.

You'll still be in the minority, but this is how majorities become
majorities.

Go for it,

Cy Kurtz