[ale] gnome3. I give up.

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:24:01 EDT 2011

On 06/06/2011 12:56 PM, Rich Faulkner wrote:
> Classic gnome and compiz is what I want and what works for me in this
> application.  I do coding, website development and graphics on my home
> system.  Reinventing the wheel is not what I want as a user and member
> of this community; it's usability and ease of getting what I want from
> an OS that I can configure to do what I want.  To that end the
> "classics" worked just fine for me.  But that's just me....RinL

Not sure where I should jump in on this one, but I haven't seen anyone
mention anything about numlock not being set. Should I assume that I'm
the only one with not being able to set numlock on? If so can someone
enlighten me with a gsetting that would turn it on on logging in as
setting it in the gconf editor does not seem to have any impact. I seem
to have this nasty habit of using my numeric keypad, forgetting that the
annoying trait of not setting numlock on on login in Gnome3 which causes
weird things to happen. I am really trying to accept change as "change
is good",,, isn't it?