[ale] How I Love and Hate Linux Installs

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 01:09:03 EDT 2011

Wow; I am full of a lot of emotions right now. I'm in the middle of
installing Fedora 14 x86_64 on my main desktop. For months I've been without
Linux -- primarily because I was too lazy to figure out why I couldn't boot
the LiveCD or the pxeboot. I always found something else to do; like the
Xbox or... the Xbox. Well; I said "enough" and sat down and figured it out.

I had to use the argument acpi=off and I used UNetbootin instead of
liveusb-creator. I did try SYSLINUX, yah that was a load of fun... trying to
figure out the configuration file. I understand it now, but I was REALLY
rusty. I found out that liveusb-creator is typically for Fedora Live not all
the other stuff. /facepalm Either way I'm about 80% finished with retrieving
/install.img. I hope nothing else goes wrong. :D

--
*Marc Ferguson*

Registered Linux User #410978
www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

*"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"*