[ale] Just finished installing Jungledisk online backup

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Oct 6 23:42:17 EDT 2010

On 10/06/2010 10:50 PM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> Hello all.  I've been using the Jungledisk online backup system on Windows
> for some time.  I just finished installing it on the Linux side of my 3
> dual boot machines.  It seems to be working well.  There are quite a number
> of tedious, but not hard, steps to getting everything set up.  Any complex
> piece of software like this is almost never set properly with all the
> defaults.  I won't try to describe all the steps here, but if anyone is
> interested in setting it up, I'll be glad to work with you individually if
> you contact me.

On the subject of cross-platform but proprietary backup software, has
anyone used crashplan?

Their business edition's (where you run your own server) features look
good. It seems like a decent backup solution for desktops, comparable to
Retrospect and the like. They also have a personal edition that stores
your data on their servers, comparable to Mozy, Carbonite, etc.

http://crashplan.com/landing/index.html

http://crashplan.com/business/learn.html

--
All the best,