[ale] OT - Have you seen this almost trivial solution to the oil mess?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed May 26 08:17:43 EDT 2010

John Mills wrote:
> Apparently we now have to dispose of lots of cut human hair, pet hair,
> feathers[!], etc, that people have sent, in addition to dealing with the
> oil. Maybe someone can figure out a use for the stuff.<SIGH/>

Cat hair is an excellent filler for epoxy.  There are microscopic barbs
in cat hair that really enhance the strength of the epoxy.  There are
barbs in all hair, I think but cat hair is especially good.  I've used
it with great success filling holes in the deck of my boat.  Since I
have two cats that shed at least a pound per day, I'm willing to share
with anyone that wants some.  :)

Jim.