[ale] OT - Have you seen this almost trivial solution to the oil mess?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon May 24 13:42:40 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Tom Freeman
<tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>wrote:

> On 05/24/2010 09:07:57 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 08:58, Tom Freeman
> > <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:
> > > One of the clearest rebuttals to a simple solution that I've seen
> > > date for virtually any situation. If we could all get in the habit
> > of
> > > checking ideas this way, we might be in better shape.
> > >
> > > OTOH, while I don't think hay is "the solution", I suspect that use
> > of
> > > hay to chase after the oil has some value, and should see some use.
> > > Exactly where is another problem, for another post, and possibly
> > > another venue.
> >
> > Perhaps I didn't catch it, what were the costs/efforts associated
> > with
> > harvesting/storing/shipping/distributing the hay?  Hay seems
> > wonderful
> > if it get's there on it's own. ;-)
>
> Well, that and what do you do with it after it is "full" of oil.
>

> Deliver it COD by the truckload to BP headquarters . Fill the parking
garage and the front lawn with it. When that is full, start pumping it into
the executive bathrooms preferably while they are occupied.

Once that is all done, start delivering it to the Federal office charged
with oversight of oil drilling for not having a working disaster plan in
place with engineering docs on the tested workings of the shot off valve
they relied on.

We have some really bright people in the country. They need to be listed to
about engineering things and science stuff. When did this platform get
approval to be built? Who was processing the engineering data that said BP
had it all under control?

Hmm. Engineering idea: if the straw is shredded it becomes "pumpable". Then
it can be "blown" like insulation to create a quick blanket and a really
large wet vac can pull up the soggy mess.

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits