[ale] Hard Drive "boot sector" Question

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Sat May 22 19:48:40 EDT 2010

Thanks!  These are all good notes.   I'll tinker a bit more tonight,
starting with trying to clean the MBR sector, and let y'all know
what works (or doesn't).

This disk came with an OEM recovery partition on it, so I'm thinking
there may be some residual windisease issues in the MBR.  I don't
think it's the bios, since the existence of that partition suggests this
is the original OEM drive for the machine.  It's also not that old,
either,
given that Celeron processor is 1.2 GHz.

peace
aaron