[ale] tier2-3 support

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri May 7 16:27:45 EDT 2010

On Fri May 7 2010, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Standard accounting uses 2080 hours rather than 2000 for full time
> equivalency.  52*40 = 2080.   Did many a budget/forecast in my former
> life using that number.
never thought about doing that, for me it was just a matter of WHEN the jobs
came in, EXCEPT for our week timeshare in New Orleans.. Some Decembers I had
no jobs, one December/early January I did SIX jobs, each 3-4 days away from
home..

> I used to do some side work that didn't amount to much - maybe a couple
> of grand a year and always wondered at tax time whether it was worth the
> additional forms.
yeah, don't get me started.. last year, I gave it up for a "normal" job here
in Athens, but in January & Feb I made a whopping $1,800. My Tax lady charged
my the same thing she did in 2009 as she did in 2008 to do my taxes!, $300+
for tax lady when I only made 1800.. I'll find someone else next year! I
didn't want to make a scene, because she knows us & goes to our church..

> Oh and don't forget if you're doing this full time you'll be making
> enough that you'll have to file quarterly.

DId that for 3 years.. I keep a spread sheet for each quarter with invoices,
totals made, and estimated taxes to pay.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800