[ale] VPS providers

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Jan 22 15:07:09 EST 2010

Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> James Sumners wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any experience with Linode (linode.com)?
>>
>> I'm looking to move away from shared hosting. I narrowed my selection
>> of VPS providers to Media Temple (mediatemple.com), Slice Host
>> (slicehost.com), and Linode. Media Temple is expensive, so I'm
>> considering the other two first. Of those, I've read that Slice Host
>> is experiencing problems.
>>
>> Before I commit, I figured I would find out if anyone here has any
>> experience with them.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> 	I'm using Linode for one of my client's projects at the moment and have
> been quite impressed with them thus far. I've used VPSFarm in the past
> but left them as their only payment method was PayPal but they had a
> pretty automated like Linode, but didn't have near the features as
> Linode control panel. For price and service I haven't found anyone
> better than Linode thus far.

I've been using Linode for a couple of years now.  I'm happy with the
results.  For some reason when I type in "vi" when sshed in it takes a
while (few seconds) to pop up but the response to data transfers via ftp
over ssh both ways and the httpd response is quite acceptable.

When I first signed up I didn't have much disk space, but they kept
adding disk to my account for free and now I've probably got over twice
as much as I started out with.

Can't comment on any of the others, but this one is a keeper IMHO.

Jim.