[ale] email hosting questions

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Jan 16 18:43:04 EST 2010

On Sat January 16 2010, David Tomaschik wrote:
> If you have the following, you're probably fine:
>
> 1) An ISP that does not block port 25 in/out
nope

> 2) An ISP that will let you set the reverse dns for your IP
probably will if I ask.

> 3) Set up an SPF record for that IP for email for your domain(s) [1]
not sure.. atnex said:
When you configure your e-mail, make the HELO (or EHLO)
mail.pcartwright.com
And I'll set the PTR of 208.65.88.107 to be mail.pcartwright.com

I think this is done..

> There are certain netblocks more likely to be flagged as spam than
> others.  Some rulesets for filters like SpamAssassin include
> Comcast/AT&T/Other big Telco/Cable network netblocks in their filters.

got rid of AT&T a few years back when they blocked email to my domain for 2
weeks. I gave up calling/emailing and just switched to Atlantic Nexus:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800