[ale] [OFF TOPIC] I need a good lawyer...

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Jan 6 00:03:35 EST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 10:56 PM, scott <scott at sboss.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Sorry this is off topic.  I am starting a new software company and I
> need a good lawyer to advise me on LLP vs LLC vs Corporation, etc
> and to help with filing the right paperwork, give legal advice on
> EULAs, contracts, etc.  I am willng to do as much of that grunt work
> as I can but I am not a lawyer.  Hopefully someone here knows a good
> lawyer that wont cause me an arm and a leg.

Not a direct answer, but nolo.com gets recommended by Clark Howard all
the time. They've got stuff online as well as several books on
incorporating and what not that may help you get a better idea what
you need to ask before you go in to talk to a time-is-money lawyer on
the clock. Haven't specifically read the books on this topic, but
their landlord howto was useful when we rented out our old house. You
may even can find them in your local library system (I believe I've
seen them in one of the Cobb branches).