[ale] KVM vs Virtual Box vs VMWare who is the real heir to Virtualization

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Aug 30 23:30:52 EDT 2010

Definitely colored mine - I snapped a bit soon seeing one post that
begged a simple google (Option 2 - does Linux/Ubuntu have something like
vnc?) followed by a second that asked for something not far from "in a
one line writeup, compare the NT, Mach and Linux kernels - or, failing
that, in a couple of sentences, explain how the doctorine of Manifest
Destiny impacted Western History up to and through the Cold War".

I try my best to be understanding of newbs, newcomers and those for whom
English is a second/third language (since often, I'm one of them) and,
perhaps, should have asked for clarification. However, if one is looking
to compare various forms of virtualization, it almost assumes a certain
level of 'net and technical proficiency, ie. it's not the kind of
question that gets asked in the aisles of Best Buy. I was jarred by the
contradiction between the questions asked and the minimal effort it
might take to at least find partial answers at which point the more
learned members of this list might help with the more subtle
distinctions.

I'll do better next time.

Regards,
William