[ale] New laptop

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:10:23 EDT 2009

This is exactly why I posed the question to the group. I've used linux
exclusively at home since '96 and am quite comfortable with it. So I
may end up fighting a mac when the IBM would give me the pure linux
box that I know and love.

I guess the question is, do I want to pay an extra 500 bucks to get to
play with OS X and buy commercial software?

How about windows on mac? I have an application I use at work that
sends data to a radio over a proprietary protocol via serial port.
Works with usb-serial adapter... But not with linux or vista. XP only.
Haven't tried it from within virtualbox yet. Can you run xp on a bare
partition instead of virtualized on a x86 mac?

Sent from my mobile device