[ale] what am I missing

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Oct 26 17:31:17 EDT 2009

> That's funny.  I had a similar problem with SAMBA the other day.  I
> changed a few config lines in a Slackware SAMBA server, did
> Reboot.
> Everything hunky dory.  It boggles the mind.

Perhaps SAMBA is getting too close to emulating an M$-Product?

I'll bet if you had waiting long enough, it would have found the
network again. It sees there is a lot of caching of info going on,
than on a fresh reboot seems to clear and it seeks (through broadcasts)
network and system information again.

Not sure why just a plain reset did not do the same.