[ale] Mounting /home and /data with cifs on a server?

Matt Rideout mrideout at windserve.com
Sun Oct 25 18:16:20 EDT 2009

All files in a given smb mount will show up as owned by a single user,
so you'll need to create a separate SMB mount for each home directory.

I once ran into a UML bug that required switching from NFS to SMB for
parts of /home, and ended up writing a login script to handle it. The
script used the username of the person logging in to generate the right
SMB path, then ran smbmount to mount their home directory. /home was
still mounted as NFS underneath.