[ale] there and back again (an HP laptop saga)

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:55:56 EDT 2009

Paul Cartwright wrote:
<snipped>

> so how do you save these OS-restore partitions to a CD, or is that possible?

Most of the Restore partitions that I've come across have a couple of
scripts/batch files and the Ghost Image which runs about 4 Gig in size.
 You will need either a DVD burner in the laptop or an external/network
burner/drive to copy the files onto.

Oh, I have also used Clonezilla to back up the specific partitions.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/