[ale] there and back again (an HP laptop saga)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Oct 14 09:29:55 EDT 2009

On Wed October 14 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> well, now I did the FIX, my laptop boots to pdr3 disk error..
>
> I still have , somewhere installed on the laptop:
> windows XP, Ubuntu 9.04, and a restore aprtition that doesn't work.
> this is what I get for staying HOME on a rainy day!!

well, I installed Simply Mepis 8 ( yeah, why not..)
so it recreated the grub menu with windows, so now I can run ( ugh) windows
again) I need this partition at least til TAX season is done:)

so how do you save these OS-restore partitions to a CD, or is that possible?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800