[ale] One home directory

Mindspring Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 13 13:18:39 EDT 2009

Chris,
I think creating a Data directory on a nfs or samba share and having
each machine mount that directory as a subdirectory of your home dir
would be a good solution.  Backing that Data dir up to a USB key would
then be good.  I've been thinking about this for quite a while since
we have multiple distros that have unique login hidden home dir files
that only work for that distro.  So, we have multiple home dirs on our
file server, but people store all their data in just one place on the
file server.  I just backup the fileserver to catch everything that
people care about.

Sincerely,
Dow Hurst