[ale] One home directory

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Oct 13 12:12:46 EDT 2009

Okay,

My heart has stopped racing.  I've found my file.

The problem I'm facing is how I keep every thing.  For example I nede to
reinstall Ubuntu 9.04 on my desktop.  What I'll do is I'll boot into
live mode and then create a directory /Ubuntu9.04.  I'll copy everything
I have now into that directory for backup then do an install without
formating.

Over time I end up with home directories all over the place.  I'll end
up searching 4 machines looking for stuff in these old homes.

What I'd like to do is buy a 8+GB USB stick and make that my home
directory.  Or somehow sync my 9.04 laptop home to desktop home.

Ideas?