[ale] Multi-Channel Whole House Audio

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:56:03 EDT 2009

So we're working on a project that we may try to sell to the home
theater/whole house audio segment. Basically the intent is to put perhaps as
many as 4 (or more if possible) sound cards into a single system and be able
to port different audio streams out the different sound cards to different
zones. The intent is to be able to have simultaneous audio playback of
different sound files to different zones in a whole house audio system.

Looks like it can't be done with I-tunes, but could be done with WinAmp.
Before I dig deeply into Linux solutions myself, I thought I should ask the
brain trust.  Any suggestions on feasibility and suggested approach under
Linux?

Much appreciated,
Greg Clifton