[ale] Dynamic DNS

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 15:19:23 EDT 2009

If you wanted to do it all through them, registering the domain is $15/year, and dns is $30/year, so it would be $45 per year total. In my opinion, that is quite high. They advertise being able to handle enormous amounts of DNS traffic on their paid accounts, something like 100,000 requests per day, but I probably only use 5-20 requests per day.

But just so I'm not confusing the issue, if you want to use one of their subdomains and get dns, it is completely free. So something like craig.homelinux.com, which is probably what you are looking for.

Andrew