[ale] Acer Aspire One AO751H-1192 Sapphire Blue

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Oct 3 19:52:38 EDT 2009

On 2009, Oct, 03, , at 6:41 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 18:30, Jeff Layton <laytonjb at att.net> wrote:
>> Not to rub salt into wounds, but any details? (I have though about
>> installing Ubuntu on one as well.
>
> The only video mode supported is VESA... which is slow and sluggish.
> There is some effort, although of no importance or urgency, to support
> the poulsbo video chip (Intel), but it's a mess right now. [snip]

Given that the source of your issues rests entirely with the
proprietary video hardware that the manufacturer is NOT ALLOWING
Linux distributors to support, it seems way WAY !_WAY_! out of
line to be be cursing Ubuntu about it!

Your complaint is with ASUS, and possibly with Mafia$oft being
to blame as well if they are (as is very, very likely) coercing
ASUS not to release API information or produce a Linux driver.

Blame where blame is due dude, and the blame ain't with Ububuntu
(as my next post will affirm).

peace
aaron