[ale] Acer Aspire One AO751H-1192 Sapphire Blue

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 18:41:04 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 18:30, Jeff Layton <laytonjb at att.net> wrote:
> Not to rub salt into wounds, but any details? (I have though about
> installing Ubuntu on one as well.

The only video mode supported is VESA... which is slow and sluggish.
There is some effort, although of no importance or urgency, to support
the poulsbo video chip (Intel), but it's a mess right now.   While I'm
ranting... :-)  Ubuntu seems to have 6 different wiki pages (with 6
different suggested fixes) for nearly every problem related to the AAO
netbooks.  Don't believe me?   Google "Ubuntu Acer Aspire One PSB".
I'm still trying various tricks/hints/thoughts/ideas/etc.... but I'm
starting to think that XP is the best OS for the netbook as it just
works (sadly).

-Jim P.