[ale] LAMP Books

Thu Oct 1 17:56:11 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM,  <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:58:42 -0400, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com>
> wrote:
>> 1. I think the http://php.net/manual/en site is the greatest thing
>> I've ever seen.
>
> Then you've never read http://docs.python.org/ :-)

I love python, but find that site to be user hostile. I go there and
have no idea how to get the info I need while I'm coding. The O'Reilly
Python Pocket Reference http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158095 is
way more usable than python.org. To me, php.net feels like a pocket
reference online. It's a site for people who want to learn by writing
code. Unfortunately, that is why there is so much bad PHP code out
there. python.org feels like a site for people who like to pontificate
about code.

I don't mean to start a flame war. I used "feel" because I know it is
just my opinion.