[ale] Awful story...

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Nov 16 20:12:23 EST 2009

On 2009, Nov, 16, , at 7:56 AM, Jerald Sheets wrote:

> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/11/linux-contractor-fired-for-
> using.html
>
> Sorry to hear this, but I know it's true from the IBM side.
>
> You should've seen the blank stares among sales-droids trying
> to sell us hardware when we would demand both fully GUI and
> fully command-line manageable gear.  You'd swear you just told
> them you needed a flux-capacitor and an Infinite Improbability
> drive.
>
> If these big companies are going to tout their Linux compatibility
> and their Linux friendliness, they need to also make sure to
> understand that people that come a-calling from the Linux world
> will have a higher likelihood than ever before of not having
> Windows on the desktop.

The obvious fact in this classic nightmare story of
totalitarian corporate structural failure is that it was
the project manager at the three letter IT company who
deserves to be fired and justifiably blacklisted from ever
using the internet again. She is clearly an Incompetent
Bureaucratic Monstrosity who has no business working as
the manager of a McDonald's fry station, let alone in a
major IT operation. She couldn't even pass the simplest
single question information technology competency test
ever given:  "What is Firefox?"

[3 Ltr. corp.] is clearly at fault and demonstrating equally
massive incompetence by allowing such a clueless lump to
hold a position of authority. They are also at fault for
contracting companies to provide employment services and
internet based testing services that are so massively
incompetent that they fail to recognize even the most
elementary components of the global open internet standards.

Rather than howl at the moon, I suggest howling at the
[common] corporate incompetence that is the core of the problem.
IT professionals the world over should Boycott the services
of [3 Ltr. corp.] until they clean up their act by dismissing
this kind of clearly incompetent management and cease
contracting with such clearly incompetent employment and
internet testing services companies.  It will be doing them
a favor, because this kind of stupendous idiocy just makes
them look like total buffoons, the kind of industry laughing
stock that is incapable of attracting or retaining any kind
of respectably skilled partners or employees.

peace
aaron