[ale] Awful story...

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:08:10 EST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> I have been bit with the lock-in problems with nosharepoint which
> won't let me download a freakin' excel file since I don't have ie and
> all of it's problems. So I punt that to a manager-type and they can
> email the file. Ditto with visio files (which can get converted to
> powerpointless).

Which is strange, because I had hoops to jump through, but I could use Linux to download files from Sharepoint at my previous job.

My current job reports the same Sharepoint version as we had before, so I'm guessing there's a settings thing somewhere.  You'd think maximum compatability would be a goal.  >shrug<

--j