[ale] second sound card

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:01:27 EST 2009

It depends on how your software is requesting the soundcard. If the
software you are using is trying to play through "hw:0,0" instead of
"SBLive", then whatever "hw:0,0" happens to be that time will get the
audio. So the simplest solution is to make sure your audio software is
using the soundcard names and not the soundcard hardware ids. The link
you found says this, but not very well.

Alternatively, you can write some UDEV rules[1] to load the respective
drivers in the same order every boot.

[1] -- http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

--
James Sumners