[ale] How Do I Join?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Feb 20 07:23:10 EST 2009

Marc Ferguson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com
> <mailto:jimpop at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     2009/2/19 Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com
>     <mailto:marcferguson at gmail.com>>:
>      > What I want to do is totally presentational only.
>
>     :-)  Are you sure you have the right audience?  I mean really, by the
>     looks of us you can clearly see that presentation is not a trait we
>     cherish. ;-)
>
>     -Jim P.
>

> By now, this is very cliché, but maybe it's time to change a bit.  Or
> let some of the younger folks in with their crazy Web2.0-ideas! :D
> Overall; I have to get involved with whatever group I'm apart of... and
> I'm a web developer and your web site needs some love!  Give me a
> chance, what's there to lose - since no one "visits" the site. ;)

Personally, you sound a bit arrogant to me.  If you want to help support
the website, the first thing you should do is find out who currently
does that.  Then, you should contact them and discuss your
concerns/ideas.  Throw something together, stick it out there and see
what people think.  If people like it, then you'll have to wrestle with
the folks who currently maintain the site.  By the way, I think you own
them an apology.  You said their work was ugly. That is your opinion,
and as we know, everyone's got one of those.  How about providing some
substance?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin