[ale] OT: Maglev funding?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Feb 16 19:21:31 EST 2009

> I'm not saying that the transit infrastructure in the southeast doesn't
> need serious improvement, just that getting around without a car isn't
> impossible. :-)

We looked at it. Getting to where he wanted to go was just not practical
in the time available, even on a fairly relaxed schedule. His list of
places to visit included Fry's.. a friend on the SE corner of Atlanta
and other places. I ended up driving him to Atlanta and around.

Don't laugh, but he's 40... and rarely driven a car.
And if he did, it'd be right side drive. It's just not the level
of public transit he was used to.

Atlanta's a fun place to drive when you are not "on peak"...
and then it's miserable.

Kinda like Vista.. It's pretty fast when it's not downloading
and installing updates behind the scenes, Which is most of the time
I boot into Vista for something, again, rarely.