[ale] OT: Maglev funding?

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at shorty.com
Mon Feb 16 17:52:27 EST 2009

Mike Harrison wrote:
> If there was more public transit in Atlanta,
> I could use it more.. and get around Atlanta better.
> we just had a client from Europe (London) have for a
> few days, wanted to visit Atlanta and died laughing
> when we told him he could not get from downtown
> Chattanooga to Atlanta via mass transit,

That's not entirely correct- he could have taken Greyhound from
Chattanooga to the Atlanta Airport and gotten on MARTA from there. It
looks like there are about three buses a day and it takes about three
and a half hours. While bus transit isn't always the most convenient
thing in the world, it's something I've done in Europe and other parts
of the world.

I'm not saying that the transit infrastructure in the southeast doesn't
need serious improvement, just that getting around without a car isn't
impossible. :-)

Robbie