[ale] Ubuntu 9.10, Thinkpad T30 Display Issues

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Dec 1 15:08:29 EST 2009

Now this is awkward. Let me start out by thanking both Brian and
the other poster for their efforts. I got restarted on getting the
T30 fixed up today, and ran into an iteresting roadblock - the
stupid thing declines to boot anymore. Apparently that laptop was
a sick puppy...

A funeral for the late T30 will be held later at the recycle place,
and a R51 has been purchased to take it's place. The R51 has something
called Acronis on it which is supposed to help make backups of the
Windows XP (virus??) on it. One more thing to document I guess.

Anyway, to add just a little bit of information to what is added
below, the way to interupt a grub2 boot process is with the shift key,
not the escape like I was used to. Thanks to Brian I got that little
tidbit learned.

FWIW - I find this latest release of Ubuntu very visually appealing.

My thanks to the list for the use of their bandwidth.