[ale] [Fwd: Microsoft can't sell `Word' in US]

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 12:05:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:06, aaron<aaron at pd.org> wrote:

> While I'm an Open Source advocate who _DOES_ see the big picture,
> in this particular case I'm still going to take some gloating
> satisfaction in the justice of it.

Who looses in this?  Microsoft?  hardly.   You wait and see... some
small business will soon be on CNN/CNBC claiming that stupid patent
enforcement laws prevented them from using/upgrading/securing MS Word
and that MS Word should never be encumbered again by threat of patents
(because after all M$ has a recent history of saying that they
wouldn't go after some obscure OS's user base....).

-Jim P.