[ale] [Fwd: Microsoft can't sell `Word' in US]

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Aug 13 11:06:14 EDT 2009

On 2009, Aug, 13, , at 8:52 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 07:37, Mike Harrison<meuon at geeklabs.com>
> wrote:
>> We should be upset because the patent vultures are winning
>> by abusing a specific Texas court system whose business seems to be
>> trying patent cases.
>
> Bingo.   Microsoft is rejoicing that this verdict (which they know
> they will overcome) is being lauded by Open Source advocates who don't
> see the big picture.

While I'm an Open Source advocate who _DOES_ see the big picture,
in this particular case I'm still going to take some gloating
satisfaction in the justice of it.  It's a joyful affirmation of
karmic law to see the biggest extortionist patent troll of them
all, Mafia$oft, getting so thoroughly hoisted by their own petard.
The mercenary lawyer thugs of Mafia$oft built that bogus court in
Texas just as much as the greedy Corporate Welfare State abuses of
patent laws and the entirely corrupt and morally bankrupt political
infrastructure of that state.

peace
aaron