[ale] What Do You Think About Cable vs DSL Now-a-Days?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:54:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Adam <prozaconstilts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc Ferguson wrote:
> > Hey Fellas,
> >
> > You're all familiar with the old war between Cable and ADSL.  I'd like
> > to know if you guys have an opinion on it today? We currently have Cable
> > (with Comcast) and we can get a better package deal with AT&T, but we'll
> > switch back to ADSL.  Both offer 6 Mbps (downstream), but we know that
> > ADSL is a private line so you're guaranteed that amount.  Has the game
> > changed over the years?
> >
> > When I was with ADSL, I was an ADSL-fanboy - when I switched to Cable, I
> > was a Cable-fanboy... so now I'm on the ropes. Facts are facts and it
> > sounds like the private ADSL connection is better rather than a
> > hit-or-miss with Cable.  Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Marc F.
>
> I have trouble seeing the difference, when it comes to residential
> packages, and the speed offered by them.
>
> I've had friends at all ends of the spectrum. Some swear by ADSL, others
> by cable. Some feel cable/ADSL is the bane of their existence.
>
> I worry more about what I can and can't do with my connection, and that
> normally boils down to usage policies.
>
> I personally use Atlantic Nexus ADSL. Their usage policies as I can find
> published on their website are basically "dont spam."
>
> Adam

That is interesting, you bring up a good point about usage policy.  It's
becoming a very big issue these days. I'll have to now pay attention to that
stuff and see what AT&T's policy is.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"