[ale] What Do You Think About Cable vs DSL Now-a-Days?

Adam prozaconstilts at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:33:11 EDT 2009

Marc Ferguson wrote:
> Hey Fellas,
>
> You're all familiar with the old war between Cable and ADSL.  I'd like
> to know if you guys have an opinion on it today? We currently have Cable
> (with Comcast) and we can get a better package deal with AT&T, but we'll
> switch back to ADSL.  Both offer 6 Mbps (downstream), but we know that
> ADSL is a private line so you're guaranteed that amount.  Has the game
> changed over the years?
>
> When I was with ADSL, I was an ADSL-fanboy - when I switched to Cable, I
> was a Cable-fanboy... so now I'm on the ropes. Facts are facts and it
> sounds like the private ADSL connection is better rather than a
> hit-or-miss with Cable.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Marc F.

I have trouble seeing the difference, when it comes to residential
packages, and the speed offered by them.

I've had friends at all ends of the spectrum. Some swear by ADSL, others
by cable. Some feel cable/ADSL is the bane of their existence.

I worry more about what I can and can't do with my connection, and that
normally boils down to usage policies.

I personally use Atlantic Nexus ADSL. Their usage policies as I can find
published on their website are basically "dont spam."

Adam