[ale] web page creation app

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun Jun 1 20:45:09 EDT 2008

Jim Kinney wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Jim Lynch
> <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com <mailto:ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     I'm away from home and can't access the net from Linux since it
>     doesn't
>     support the Verizon air card.  Or not mine at least.  I'll have to
>     wait
>     until Tuesday to give you that info.
>

> Bummer. I have a Verizon EVDO USB gizmo that works just fine. My older
> vzaccess card (pc5740) also worked just fine. It took some tweaks in
> ppp chat to get it to be happy but I was able to access network
> services as long as my cell phone showed the 1x logo. My EVDO card is
> noticeably faster.
>
> Under Fedora 9 the EVDO card was nearly auto-use. All I had to plug in
> was my account number in the authentication string and the
> "dial-in"number and "Just Worked" (tm).
>

>     Jim.

> James P. Kinney III

Hm, I googled that card and didn't see anything.  I have the 5740 also.
I'll have to look further.

I'd be interested in details as how you got it to run.  I don't know
what my account number is.  Where did you get that info.  All I see used
during the Win login is the phone number and dial #777.

Thanks for any pointers.
Jim.