[ale] web page creation app

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 00:13:41 EDT 2008

http://kenkinder.com/evdo-pc5740/

That was the data I used to make it work. I added some start/stop scripts
and linked them to the modem lights gnome applet so I just click to start
and get some feedback on the process. I spent many hours watching
/var/log/messages scroll by in the process :-)

A GOTCHA is around the wait time in the chap/pap scripts. Apparently the
connection from the card to the tower takes a while to setup. I had to put
in a wait time of 30 seconds before continuing with the authentication
portion. Anything less than 20 seemed to fail often. There is data about
that stuff in Ken's site. It's pretty cool being able to get online on the
road.

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>
wrote:

> Hm, I googled that card and didn't see anything.  I have the 5740 also.
> I'll have to look further.
>
> I'd be interested in details as how you got it to run.  I don't know
> what my account number is.  Where did you get that info.  All I see used
> during the Win login is the phone number and dial #777.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
> Jim.

James P. Kinney III