[ale] going OT - Working with photos (was) Extreme Practical Data Recovery (Part 2)

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Wed Jul 23 13:03:27 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

> I never ever delete photos from the camera until I have either
> backed them up, or burned them to a CD. As a side not, I just LOVE
> the way digikam JUST WORKS with my nice new Nikon D60 :) My NEXT
> purchase will be a larger SATA drive.. with pictures coming in at
> 2.5Mb it chews up space in a hurry!! For instance, this weekend at
> our church youth conference at St. SImons island, I took 297
> pictures, that totalled 725 Mb.. just a tad over what a normal CD
> will burn...

Consider forgetting shooting JPG and go just RAW.  And for really getting the color right, look at a WhiBal <http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html >.  And for the RAW workflow take a look at BibbleLabs' software Bibble Lite or Bibble Pro.	You'll never shoot your D60 the same way again!

Cheers,
Robert~