[ale] employment list discussions

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 09:09:20 EDT 2008

It has been brought to my attention that the ale-employment list is no
longer alive. I think that should be remedied.

So this is a thread to discuss a how-to on this topic.

1. We can always startup another mailing list
2. How about a separate wikki page?
3. Or maybe a blog page that is open
4. Should we send notices to as many legit recruiters as we can find
announcing this?
5. Should we look at something even more substantial?

My ONLY caveat to ANYTHING we do is a requirement for any job posted there
must be a need for Linux skills to be used spelled out in the posting. If
they want a janitor who can do time entry on a Linux system I'm OK with
that. (Hey! It gets Linux in the business world! Cool, huh?!)

Hmm. Thinking at the keyboard here...

Maybe an open-access blog that uses a form fill-in for the posting with
email verification? So ANY person with a job or looking for a job can put in
their data and a listing, and the post is scanned for [Ll][iI][nN][uU][Xx]
and if found the posting is sent to the supplied email address for email
verification. It is then posted on the read-only blog when the confirmation
reply email comes in.

Maybe we should link this up with other LUG's?

Come on ALE'rs! Toss in your ideas!

James P. Kinney III