[ale] Linspire chairman thinks desktop Linux is futile

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Jul 7 10:45:16 EDT 2008

On Mon July 7 2008, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> The main problem is shops that primarily use Windows for the desktop
> have, not surprisingly, Windows admins who have little or no clue about
> Linux and don't really want to learn.

I have run into that all too often. The application I install goes on a RHEL
server. When I ask if they have putty around, and get a blank stare, I know
I'm in trouble. When they add a DVD burner to the application, they have to
identify  the device by logging in, and then they have to reboot the server.
I wish I had a $ for every time they asked me HOW to reboot the box...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800