[ale] New Distros, X11 Blues

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Dec 30 10:34:36 EST 2008

By default Fedora 10 (they dropped the "core" from name as of 7) doesn't
install an xorg.conf but apparently tries to determine your video info
automatically.

You can run "yum install system-config-display" then run the
"system-config-display" to set specific information and create the
xorg.conf.   That worked fine for a machine we have here yesterday.

I have seen some chatter about an issue with Nvidia causing issues with
this though.